Biber Dolma (Stuffed Bell Peppers)
- 8 medium sized bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 medium onions minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika paste
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 stick margarine or butter
- Remove the stems and the seeds of the peppers and set aside.
- Cut the top of tomatoes and core the interiors so that tomatoes are ready to be stuffed with the filling. Place those interiors with onions in a food processor and chop them finely to a fine watery mix.
- Combine ground beef, minced tomatoes and onions, parsley, tomato and paprika paste, salt, pepper and red pepper. Wash the rice and add to the mixture. Add olive oil to the mixture and mix all well.
- Fill the peppers and tomatoes with the filling.
- Arrange in a saucepan, side by side with tops up.
- Add ½ cup water and margarine into the pan.
- Let it simmer for 50 minutes or until peppers and rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Optionally serve with yogurt